Islamic New Year 2022 UAE
This year, the Islamic New Year falls on a weekend, making July 30 a public holiday for individuals who work in the private sector.
The holiday, which commemorates the beginning of the year 1444, was announced by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization.
The hundreds of thousands of individuals employed in the UAE’s a retail and hotel industries, among others, will gain even though many people will be on vacation during the weekend.
The day the Prophet Mohammed moved from Makkah to Madinah is known as Hijri or New Year.
The Islamic calendar does not match the Gregorian calendar because it is lunar.
Muslims do not hold public festivities or events to honor the New Year.
Although these restrictions have grown less widespread in recent years, in the past, hotels, and pubs that would serve non-Muslims would be ordered to cease serving alcohol and from presenting live entertainment.
Holidays observed in the UAE in 2022
The UAE will observe the following holidays in 2022. Please be aware that this list might change.
- New Year’s Day: 1 January – Saturday
- Eid al-Fitr holiday: 30 April – 4 May – Saturday through Wednesday
- Eid al-Fitr: 2 May – Monday
- Arafat (Hajj) Day: 8 July – Friday
- Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice): 9 July – Saturday
- Eid al-Adha holiday: 10–11 July – Sunday through Monday
- Al-Hijra (Islamic New Year): 30 July – Saturday
- Commemoration Day: 1 December – Tuesday
- National Day: 2 December – Friday
- National Day holiday: 3 December – Saturday
UAE 2022 Significant Dates
- Mother’s Day: 21 March – Monday
- Start of Ramadan: 1 April – Friday
- Father’s Day: 21 June – Tuesday
- Hajj season begins – 8 July – Friday
- Mouloud (Prophet’s birthday): 8 October – Saturday
In contrast to several other nations, the clock does not change for daylight saving time in the UAE; it is the same all year round. The Gulf Standard Time is observed in the United Arab Emirates.
When is the next UAE federal holiday?
After New Year’s, there will be another public holiday in two months.
The Prophet Mohammed’s birthday is celebrated on October 8, but since it occurs on a Saturday, there won’t likely be a long weekend.
In 2022, how many more UAE national holidays are there?
The next long weekend may be National Day and Commemoration Day in December.
On November 30, Commemoration Day will be observed, while December 2 will be National Day.
These dates are officially off from Thursday, December 1, through Sunday, December 4.